Headline News 709 Views

ISIS Link Not Discovered in Toronto False Flag Shooting

Days after claiming responsibility for the horrible public shooting that killed two and injured 13 in Danforth Avenue Toronto, Isis has failed to provide further proof of responsibility for the attack.

It could be recalled that soon after news of the shooting went public, ISIS through the AMAQ news agency, issued a statement claiming that the gun man was working for the Islamic state. They referred to the shooter as one of their soldiers and claimed his actions were taken in response to their mission to target citizens of the coalition countries.
However, the Toronto police have refused to take their word for it, asking the group to provide evidence to support their claims, according to a statement by the Toronto police, “At this stage, we have no evidence to support these claims, we will continue to explore every investigative avenue including interviewing those who knew Mr. Hussein, reviewing his online activity and looking into his experiences with mental health”.

There have been speculations that due to their recent losses and waning popularity, ISIS has been on the lookout for isolated cases of violence which they would usually claim responsibility for, in other to remain relevant in the news or to further raise their profile. There are assertions that ISIS would now claim any attack in which they think themselves to have influenced the perpetuator’s thinking in any manner.

Several news outlets, on Tuesday following the attack, reported that Hussain may have visited ISIS websites in the past and has been once questioned by the police about these online activities, nevertheless, police insist that, there is still no proof that Hussain made any further connection with ISIS. On the other hand, police have continued to release findings on the shooter, they have issued a statement stating “We will continue to explore every investigative avenue including interviewing those who knew Mr. Hussain, reviewing his online activity and looking into his experiences with mental health.”

So far it has been established that Faisal Hussain, who also died during the unfortunate incident, was a 29-year-old young man who suffered some serious mental health challenges such as psychosis and depression. His family divulged his struggled with mental health.

“We are utterly devastated by the incomprehensible news that our son was responsible for the senseless violence and loss of life,” read part of the statement from Hussein’s family.

“While we did our best to seek help for him throughout his life of struggle and pain, we could never imagine that this would be his devastating and destructive end,” the statement said.

Meanwhile the Danforth neighbourhood had on Wednesday held a vigil while trying their best to move on from the incident. Some of those who attended the vigil include Ontario Premier Doug Ford, Mayor John Tory, the mayor of Toronto city, and the mayor of Markham, Mayor Frank Scarpitti.

Before the vigil began, Reverend Sarah Miller said she trusted the incident did not stigmatize people living with mental health issues, stating also that “We recognize that this doesn’t represent the Muslim community or the practice of Islam.”


Comments

There are 0 comments on this post

Leave A Comment