Stay organized: How to manage your time effectively
We live in a hectic world and it always seems that we do not have enough time for everything that we want and have to do. We are always on the run, always trying to do as much as possible every day. We have children, jobs, projects, household activities, we have to buy groceries, we have to cook, we have to spend time with our families, but unfortunately there is little time left for that.
So what can we do? How can we manage our time effectively to accomplish all our tasks and to do our homework? How can we prioritize and still have time for our families and hobbies? Fortunately, specialists have come up with several tricks that will help us do that.
1. Take a notebook and write down everything that you do in a week. This way you will know exactly how much you can do during a day and how much time you waste on unimportant things and how much on producing results.
2. Spend 30 minutes each morning on planning your day. You need to know what you need to manage for the day and this way you will know how much time each activity should take and how much you can do that day.
3. When you work put a 'Do not disturb' sign on your door, block instant messaging and do not answer the phone or reply to emails just because they show up. Schedule half an hour to return phone calls and reply emails. This way you will stay focused on what you have to do and get it done in the allotted time.
4. Balance your effort working on small tasks every day starting with the most important ones. Focus on what you have to do, the move on to the next task. Do not let yourself distracted. Once you have done today's task, move on to tomorrow's tasks. Doing small portions each day is better than one huge, laborious task that will take more than expected to perform. This will eliminate burn-out and reduce stress.
5. Focus on the part of the day that it's the most productive for you. Some people function better during the morning, while others are more focused and active in the evening. You can also play a game and compete against the clock. Work on hour intervals. Scientists have discovered that a 45-minute work followed by a 10-minute break in the most effective.
6. Ask for help. Sometimes a day is not enough for all the tasks that you want to complete. Do not be afraid to ask the help of other family members, friends or specialized companies.
7. Take a break. Decide when you want to take a 10 or 15-minute break and stick to that. Clear your mind, drink some tea and do something that you like. Although you might have to power through a large project, it's very important to relax and refresh your mind. Also make sure you sleep for 7-8 hours per night. Getting enough sleep will help you be energetic, be alert, function at a high level and think clearly.
8. Keep track of your progress by crossing the tasks on your list that have been completed. You will get a feeling of satisfaction seeing what you have already accomplished and spur motivation.
No matter how many tasks you have to do every day, remember these factors and manage your time effectively.