Flirthookup.com: Top 5 Online Dating Tips
Online dating is not a joke. We're living in the 21st century - almost a third of the recently married couples in the world have met through one of the hundreds of dating websites and apps, with this becoming the 2nd most common way in which the couples meet. Take a look at our tips for online dating:
1. Use your best picture. Well, this one is a no-brainer. Having a good picture of yourself on your profile is much more important than some people might think, as there are thousands and thousands of people and some of them just might be similar to you but have better pictures. Choose yours carefully!
2. Narrow the focus. This is one of the first things that a newcomer to online dating should do. In order to save your time and find a partner in a much quicker way, make sure that you know what you're looking for - do you want a partner who has kids? No? Remove that option on your profile.
3. Staying safe. When dating on the Internet, you should be really careful about two things - money and personal information. Don't send these things to anyone you don't know well, and use only your first name. Following the instincts is also a good idea - if you feel a bad vibe, just move away.
4. State your hobbies. No one wants to hang out with a boring person. If you mention your interests on the profile, you have a greater chance to meet someone who has the exact same hobbies like you do. Some websites can even scan your hobbies and quickly find you a suitable match.
5. Expect exaggeration. Even though you might be completely honest about yourself, you should always expect a certain degree of exaggeration when dating online. Beware of phrases like, for example, "few extra pounds" or "unconventional" - these people are trying to somehow sell themselves to other users of the website, and might exaggerate about quite a few things.