No-bake Peanut Butter Bark a Sweet Seasonal Treat
(NC) There's no pairing that can rival the deliciousness of peanut butter and chocolate. Decadent as the classic duo, you can shake things up by trying one of the many flavourful variations for this bark.
Peanut Butter Swirled Chocolate Bark
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 5 minutes
Refrigeration time: 1 hour
Makes: 12 servings
• 6 oz (170 g) bittersweet chocolate, chopped
• 12 oz (340 g) white chocolate, chopped
• 2/3 cup (150 mL) smooth peanut butter
• 1/4 cup (60 mL) peanuts, coarsely chopped
1. Line an 11x15-inch (28x38-cm) baking sheet with parchment paper. Using a microwave or double boiler, melt bittersweet and white chocolate over low heat in separate bowls.
2. Whisk peanut butter into warm white chocolate then spread over parchment into a rectangle measuring about 10x13 inches (25x33 cm). It doesn't need to be perfect as bark will be broken. Drop bittersweet chocolate in large spoonfuls over the just-spread white chocolate mixture. Swirl gently using the tip of a knife. Sprinkle with peanuts and one of the flavour variations below, if desired.
3. Refrigerate about 1 hour until set. Break into large pieces.
Variations: Add 1/3 cup (75 mL) of any of the variations below. Sprinkle over bark along with peanuts.
Tropical: Sweetened shredded coconut, diced dried mango, and candied ginger.
Dried cherry and orange: Coarsely chopped dried cherries and grated orange peel.
Kitchen sink: Pepitas, coarsely chopped pretzels, dried cranberries, and cocoa nibs.
Toffee peanut butter blast: 1/4 cup (60 mL) barely chopped mini peanut butter cups and 2 tbsp (30 mL) toffee bits.
Find more recipes at www.peanutbureau.ca.
There are 0 comments on this post