Here is how to make an all-natural spray that destroys household mould

Have you ever heard about the beneficial properties of mould? Most probably not. For the longest time, moulds have been known as a health hazard. People ignore the fact that it is a fungus, similar to mushroom, mildew and yeast. Mould exists in over a hundred thousand different forms and can be found travelling spore by spoor, indoors and outdoors, in search of food and moisture.

The benefits of Mold

Natural News, elucidated some of the most interesting characteristics of mould. This includes the fact that they help to disintegrate certain food, plants and leaves, and could be used in the making of some types of cheeses and medicines. This does not change the fact that there are certain kinds of mould that constitute serious health hazards and can cause serious illness. Some dangerous types of mould areAspergillus and Stachybotrys (also known as black mould). The above-mentioned kinds of mould are said to be extremely toxic, producing mycotoxinswhich could be lethal to animals as well as humans. There are many types of mould which are harmless, but even the harmless moulds can impact the respiratory system and cause allergies when a person is exposed to them for too long. Natural News quotes a study, completed by the Berkeley National Laboratory and the EPA which demonstrates that out of 21.8 million people with asthma, 4.6 million cases are “attributable to dampness and mould exposure in the home.”

An all-natural spray for non-toxic mould

Now that you have this information about mould, you are probably wondering what to do when next you come across it in your home. How do you decide if the mould in your house is the healthy type or the deadly type, such as the black mould? The easiest way to decide is to buy a mould testing kit as suggested by an article in The Hearty Soul. Using the mould testing kit, one can collect a sample of the mould and send it to the lab for confirmation on what kind of mould it is. Remember that black mould can only be removed by professionals. This makes it important to study the kind of mould growing in the damp hidden corners of your house. Even non-toxic moulds should still cause damage to your property, or worse cause an allergic reaction.

An alternative solution against non-toxic mouldsis the natural tea tree oil. You can make your own solution of tea tree oil by mixing two teaspoons of the oil in water and then pouring the mixture in a bottle and shaking it. The solution is then sprayed wherever there is mould in the house. Spray as much of the solution as you deem necessary.  Leave the solution up for a couple of hours then wipe down with a dry cotton cloth.

Moulds prefer wet and damp places. It mostly prefers places with a humidity level of over 60 percent. They also require a source of food, such as several kinds of building materials, drywall and insulation.


Comments

There are 0 comments on this post

Leave A Comment