Travel: Five Destinations for Winter Adventures
(NC) -- There's no reason to postpone your next vacation until the weather warms up again – some of the most remarkable experiences on the planet involve packing a couple extra layers. “There are plenty of destinations that are even better in the winter months,” says Pierre-Jean Mayol at Aeroplan, one of Canada's leading loyalty programs.
Here are some can't-go-wrong suggestions to get you started:
1. Lamar Valley, Yellowstone National Park –In the winter, Lamar Valley's nearly treeless expanse becomes prime location for viewing its elusive wolf packs.
2. Gullfoss, Iceland – The spectacular Gullfoss Waterfalls' majesty is heightened in winter when the roaring falls are surrounded by substantial ice and snow.
3. Le Massif de Charlevoix, Petite-Rivière-Saint-François, Quebec –Combine the highest skiable drop east of the Rockies with the gusto of Daniel Gauthier, co-founder of Cirque du Soleil for a mountain-train-hotel experience unlike anything in the world. (Pro tip: Fly to Quebec with Air Canada between October 1, 2014 and April 30, 2015 and get 50% Bonus Aeroplan Miles on top of the regular base miles!)
4. Lake Baikal, Siberia, Russia – This explorer's gem, the world's oldest freshwater lake at 25 million years, transforms into a pristine 12,200-square-mile ice rink during the midwinter months. For the complete deep freeze experience, snack on Siberian pine nuts and warm up with a creamy whitefish soup at a local café.
5. Tromso, Norway – In Tromso, the northern lights illuminate magical fjords and snowy mountains. They also provide an unrivaled backdrop for the city's all-night parties and spirited street scene.
Are you desperate to witness awe-inspiring wildlife in its natural habitat? Relax with a glass of wine after a day of amazing skiing? Mayol reminds us that the trip of a lifetime is much closer than you think. “Our members can redeem miles for Air Canada and the Star Alliance network which offer travel to more than 1,300 destinations worldwide.”
Pick a place, pack your bags and get ready for something truly amazing.
To find out how to redeem and earn miles, visit www.aeroplan.com today.
There are 0 comments on this post